Our first review is about one of the games I played the most. I have about 1000 hours playing Clicker Heroes on Steam, so I think I can do an honest review. Clicker Heroes was the first clicker that I played. If you like the theme of slash monsters, this is your game.
I will not reinvent the wheel, below is the description by the game’s developer (removing unnecessary text). If you are already familiar with clicker / idle games, you can skip to the middle game section below.
Start out by clicking on the monster to kill them, and get their gold. Spend that gold on hiring new heroes and get more damage. The more damage you deal, the more gold you will get.
Hire 35 unique heroes to help you do damage without having to click! Meet legendary figures from myth and legend, such as Athena, Amenhotep, King Midas, and more! They will all lend their sword to your cause, for a cost.
These guys’ damage per second makes your MMO characters look like kindergarteners. Spend your hard-earned loot on upgrading them to gain special powers to aid you in getting even more gold!
Ok, if you’ve played a clicker / idle game you will know that after a while things get a little repetitive. Clicker heros tries to solve this with some features.
- After you level up the hero Amenhotep, you can ascension. This mean that you will return to lvl 1 with a amount of Hero Souls. This Hero Souls can be used to summon Ancients that can boost the game, increasing the damage, gold, etc.
- Some monster will drop itens that can be used (max 4 itens). You can savage some itens to be able to upgrade yours.
- You can enter a guild and defeat with your friends a daily raid boss. This will give you rewards.
- You can hire mercenarys and level up them to do some ‘quests’. This will also give you some rewards as ruby and Hero Souls.
- The same way as ascensions, you can transcend to another dimension. Doing this you will loose all ascensions rewards and start as a trully level 1 gamer. But with some transcendent power. After some transcends, this will drastically increase the number of damage/hero souls you can get.
Well, I have some time playing this game. As I write this (809 hours).
This is a very fun game and well done in many ways. Unlike other clickers, it offers several alternatives to not be so repetitive. If you like the RPG theme and have some time to spend in a casual game, this may be the game you are looking for.